The Complete Running Blog Network has compiled a list of helpful tips for beginner and even veteran runners. The list includes helpful pieces of advice of different aspects of running including: Apparel , Manners, Motivation , Nutrition, Prevention, Safety, Racing Tips, Shoes, Training and Weather Tips.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Wear spandex shorts under your regular running shorts so you don’t chafe “down there.”
- Cotton socks will only lead to blisters; invest in socks designed for running.
- Always try to balance running with the people you love by making a schedule that involves and is considerate of everyone.
- Find a committed running partner. It is much harder to skip a run when you have someone else depending on you.
- Hydrate. Make it a habit to drink water throughout the day.
- To aid recovery the most crucial time to eat and drink is in the hour immediately after you run.
- Use Vaseline or BodyGlide wherever things rub. They will help prevent blisters and chafing (guys don’t forget the nipples).
- Don’t stretch before a run. Warm up by walking briskly or jogging slowly for several minutes.
- Race day is not the day to try new shoes, eat new foods, or wear brand new clothing.
- Do not try a marathon as your first race.
- Try shoes on in the afternoon when your feet are bigger.
- Doubleknot your shoe laces so they will not come undone when you run.
- If you are breathing too hard slow down or walk a bit until you feel comfortable again.
- There’s no shame in walking.
Photo Source: http://runners-h1gh.tumblr.com/